What is involved in Visualization
Find out what the related areas are that Visualization connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Visualization thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Interactive Computing and Data Visualization journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Interactive Computing and Data Visualization leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Visualization related domains to cover and 129 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Visualization, Adolphe Quetelet, Bang Wong, Biological data visualization, Chemical imaging, Computer graphics, Creative visualization, Crime mapping, Data visualization, Engineering drawing, Flow visualization, Gaspard Monge, Graph drawing, Graph of a function, Graphic design, Graphic organizer, Guided imagery, Hanspeter Pfister, Imaging science, Information graphics, Information science, Information visualization, Interactive visualization, Jock D. Mackinlay, Mathematical diagram, Medical imaging, Mental image, Miriah Meyer, Misleading graph, Molecular graphics, Motor imagery, Music visualization, Patent drawing, Scientific modelling, Scientific visualization, Security visualisation, Software visualization, Spatial analysis, Spatial visualization ability, Statistical graphics, Technical drawing, Technical illustration, User interface, User interface design, Visual analytics, Visual communication, Visual culture, Visual perception, Visual system, Visual thinking, Volume cartography, Volume rendering:
Visualization Critical Criteria:
Administer Visualization tasks and track iterative Visualization results.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Visualization. How do we gain traction?
– What are the best places schools to study data visualization information design or information architecture?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Visualization products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Can you filter, drill down, or add entirely new data to your visualization with mobile editing?
– How do we maintain Visualizations Integrity?
Adolphe Quetelet Critical Criteria:
Coach on Adolphe Quetelet tactics and optimize Adolphe Quetelet leadership as a key to advancement.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Visualization project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Visualization project lifecycle?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Visualization opportunities costing us money?
– How do we manage Visualization Knowledge Management (KM)?
Bang Wong Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Bang Wong visions and revise understanding of Bang Wong architectures.
– Is maximizing Visualization protection the same as minimizing Visualization loss?
– Is Visualization dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What vendors make products that address the Visualization needs?
Biological data visualization Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Biological data visualization adoptions and maintain Biological data visualization for success.
– For your Visualization project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Visualization? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What are specific Visualization Rules to follow?
Chemical imaging Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Chemical imaging goals and devise Chemical imaging key steps.
– What will drive Visualization change?
– Are we Assessing Visualization and Risk?
Computer graphics Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Computer graphics planning and transcribe Computer graphics as tomorrows backbone for success.
– What is the purpose of Visualization in relation to the mission?
– Who will provide the final approval of Visualization deliverables?
– How do we keep improving Visualization?
Creative visualization Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Creative visualization tactics and interpret which customers can’t participate in Creative visualization because they lack skills.
– Does Visualization include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Can we add value to the current Visualization decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Have all basic functions of Visualization been defined?
Crime mapping Critical Criteria:
Discuss Crime mapping strategies and explore and align the progress in Crime mapping.
– what is the best design framework for Visualization organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Visualization process?
– How do we go about Comparing Visualization approaches/solutions?
Data visualization Critical Criteria:
Participate in Data visualization quality and finalize specific methods for Data visualization acceptance.
– Are there Visualization problems defined?
– Do we have past Visualization Successes?
Engineering drawing Critical Criteria:
Scan Engineering drawing issues and catalog what business benefits will Engineering drawing goals deliver if achieved.
– Have you identified your Visualization key performance indicators?
– How is the value delivered by Visualization being measured?
– How much does Visualization help?
Flow visualization Critical Criteria:
Generalize Flow visualization tasks and achieve a single Flow visualization view and bringing data together.
– What business benefits will Visualization goals deliver if achieved?
– How to Secure Visualization?
Gaspard Monge Critical Criteria:
Adapt Gaspard Monge tactics and create a map for yourself.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Visualization experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Think of your Visualization project. what are the main functions?
– How do we go about Securing Visualization?
Graph drawing Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Graph drawing risks and perfect Graph drawing conflict management.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Visualization with what users do day-to-day?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Visualization forward?
Graph of a function Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Graph of a function planning and transcribe Graph of a function as tomorrows backbone for success.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Visualization?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Visualization leaders?
– Is Visualization Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Graphic design Critical Criteria:
Pilot Graphic design outcomes and ask what if.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Visualization processes?
– What are the short and long-term Visualization goals?
Graphic organizer Critical Criteria:
Survey Graphic organizer failures and describe which business rules are needed as Graphic organizer interface.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Visualization in a volatile global economy?
Guided imagery Critical Criteria:
Scan Guided imagery leadership and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Consider your own Visualization project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Visualization process?
– How do we Lead with Visualization in Mind?
Hanspeter Pfister Critical Criteria:
Trace Hanspeter Pfister quality and revise understanding of Hanspeter Pfister architectures.
– How do we Identify specific Visualization investment and emerging trends?
– What are the barriers to increased Visualization production?
Imaging science Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Imaging science risks and look at it backwards.
– Do we monitor the Visualization decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Visualization project?
Information graphics Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Information graphics management and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Information graphics is getting what it needs.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Visualization objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Is a Visualization Team Work effort in place?
Information science Critical Criteria:
Derive from Information science governance and point out improvements in Information science.
– What are all of our Visualization domains and what do they do?
– Who sets the Visualization standards?
Information visualization Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Information visualization quality and display thorough understanding of the Information visualization process.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Visualization project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What are the disruptive Visualization technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
Interactive visualization Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Interactive visualization risks and oversee Interactive visualization management by competencies.
– What are the key elements of your Visualization performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– How do we know that any Visualization analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Are there recognized Visualization problems?
Jock D. Mackinlay Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Jock D. Mackinlay projects and spearhead techniques for implementing Jock D. Mackinlay.
– Which customers cant participate in our Visualization domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
Mathematical diagram Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Mathematical diagram adoptions and pay attention to the small things.
– Who needs to know about Visualization ?
Medical imaging Critical Criteria:
Administer Medical imaging quality and describe which business rules are needed as Medical imaging interface.
– Think about the functions involved in your Visualization project. what processes flow from these functions?
Mental image Critical Criteria:
Guard Mental image issues and adjust implementation of Mental image.
– Does Visualization systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Do the Visualization decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Miriah Meyer Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Miriah Meyer quality and explore and align the progress in Miriah Meyer.
– How will you measure your Visualization effectiveness?
Misleading graph Critical Criteria:
Debate over Misleading graph leadership and adopt an insight outlook.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Visualization services/products?
Molecular graphics Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Molecular graphics projects and catalog Molecular graphics activities.
– What is Effective Visualization?
Motor imagery Critical Criteria:
Shape Motor imagery quality and define Motor imagery competency-based leadership.
– How would one define Visualization leadership?
– What is our Visualization Strategy?
Music visualization Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Music visualization engagements and attract Music visualization skills.
– What are internal and external Visualization relations?
– Is Visualization Required?
Patent drawing Critical Criteria:
Gauge Patent drawing results and probe Patent drawing strategic alliances.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Visualization agendas for the next 3 years?
– Is there a Visualization Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
Scientific modelling Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Scientific modelling strategies and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Scientific modelling.
– Think about the people you identified for your Visualization project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– In what ways are Visualization vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Visualization project manager?
Scientific visualization Critical Criteria:
Mine Scientific visualization visions and interpret which customers can’t participate in Scientific visualization because they lack skills.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Visualization models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– When a Visualization manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Security visualisation Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Security visualisation projects and document what potential Security visualisation megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Visualization delivery for example is new software needed?
Software visualization Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Software visualization planning and find answers.
– Does Visualization analysis show the relationships among important Visualization factors?
Spatial analysis Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Spatial analysis tasks and catalog what business benefits will Spatial analysis goals deliver if achieved.
– In the case of a Visualization project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Visualization project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Visualization project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Do Visualization rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Do we all define Visualization in the same way?
Spatial visualization ability Critical Criteria:
Survey Spatial visualization ability management and acquire concise Spatial visualization ability education.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Visualization project?
Statistical graphics Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Statistical graphics strategies and correct better engagement with Statistical graphics results.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Visualization process?
– What is the source of the strategies for Visualization strengthening and reform?
– Does our organization need more Visualization education?
Technical drawing Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Technical drawing quality and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Technical drawing services.
– Will Visualization have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What threat is Visualization addressing?
Technical illustration Critical Criteria:
Probe Technical illustration planning and catalog what business benefits will Technical illustration goals deliver if achieved.
User interface Critical Criteria:
Judge User interface management and drive action.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Visualization that make it risky?
– What if we substitute prototyping for user interface screens on paper?
– Does a User interface survey show which search ui is better ?
– How can skill-level changes improve Visualization?
– How can the value of Visualization be defined?
User interface design Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on User interface design projects and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of User interface design.
– How can you measure Visualization in a systematic way?
Visual analytics Critical Criteria:
Audit Visual analytics decisions and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Visual analytics information.
– Do those selected for the Visualization team have a good general understanding of what Visualization is all about?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Visualization been identified and analyzed?
Visual communication Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Visual communication results and ask what if.
– What are the Essentials of Internal Visualization Management?
– What about Visualization Analysis of results?
Visual culture Critical Criteria:
Define Visual culture outcomes and improve Visual culture service perception.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Visualization information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Visualization?
Visual perception Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Visual perception decisions and find the essential reading for Visual perception researchers.
– How will you know that the Visualization project has been successful?
– What are the long-term Visualization goals?
Visual system Critical Criteria:
Debate over Visual system engagements and assess what counts with Visual system that we are not counting.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Visualization process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Visualization process available?
Visual thinking Critical Criteria:
Dissect Visual thinking decisions and maintain Visual thinking for success.
– How can you negotiate Visualization successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Why are Visualization skills important?
Volume cartography Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Volume cartography engagements and shift your focus.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Visualization values?
Volume rendering Critical Criteria:
Track Volume rendering tactics and point out improvements in Volume rendering.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Visualization objectives?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Interactive Computing and Data Visualization Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Visualization External links:
Marketing Visualization Platform – ATOMIZED
Data Visualization | FEMA.gov
Power BI | Interactive Data Visualization BI Tools
Adolphe Quetelet External links:
Tales of Statisticians | Adolphe Quetelet
Adolphe Quetelet (Book, 1919) [WorldCat.org]
Adolphe QUETELET – University of St Andrews
Bang Wong External links:
Bang Wong Profiles | Facebook
Biological data visualization External links:
Biological Data Visualization – Google+
6th Workshop on Biological Data Visualization – BioVis 2016
Chemical imaging External links:
Chemical Imaging | ORNL
Chemical Imaging for Industry by P&P Optica
Chemical Imaging | High Resolution Electron Microscopy
Computer graphics External links:
Computer Graphics : Dallas County Community College District
Wavenode SWR and RF wattmeter with computer graphics …
Home | Buffalo Computer Graphics
Creative visualization External links:
Creative Visualization and Visualization …
Creative visualization (Book, 1978) [WorldCat.org]
Crime mapping External links:
Crime Mapping Essay – 1232 Words – StudyMode
Tucson Crime Mapping | Official website of the City of Tucson
Data visualization External links:
Data Visualization & Business Intelligence Tool | datapine
AstroNova | Data Visualization Technology & Solutions
What is data visualization? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Engineering drawing External links:
Engineering Drawing Title Block – Engineers Edge
Engineering Drawing – AbeBooks
[PDF]ENGINEERING DRAWING STANDARDS MANUAL – …
Flow visualization External links:
[PDF]Flow Visualization Techniques for Flight Research – …
Flow visualization (DVD video, 2009) [WorldCat.org]
Flow visualization (VHS tape, 1980s) [WorldCat.org]
Gaspard Monge External links:
Gaspard Monge, count de Péluse – Encyclopedia Britannica
Gaspard Monge Profiles | Facebook
Graph drawing External links:
Graph Drawing. (eBook, 1998) [WorldCat.org]
Handbook of Graph Drawing and Visualization
Graphic design External links:
Buy Adobe Illustrator CC | Vector graphic design software
Graphic organizer External links:
[PDF]Movie Graphic Organizer – WordPress.com
Graphic Organizers – TeacherVision
Graphic Organizers – eduplace.com
Guided imagery External links:
Guided Imagery at The Healing Waterfall
[PDF]Activity: Guided Imagery Purpose: To create mental …
Guided Imagery for Relaxation and Stress Management
Imaging science External links:
GOTIKA | Imaging Science and Technology
Imaging Science – Advanced HDTV Calibration
HiRISE | High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment
Information graphics External links:
Timeplots: Information Graphics Products
Information Graphics at the “Boston Globe”: From …
Information science External links:
News | Department of Information Science
Computer & Information Science & Engineering …
Research Information Science & Computing
Information visualization External links:
Information visualization (Book, 2001) [WorldCat.org]
Interactive visualization External links:
Interactive Visualization – Gartner IT Glossary
Virtual Fuel Cell Interactive Visualization – YouTube
allows interactive visualization and collaboration over …
Medical imaging External links:
Touchstone Medical Imaging – Touchstone Medical Imaging
Welcome to Cascade Medical Imaging in Bend, Oregon
University Medical Imaging | Where the experience is better
Mental image External links:
Mental Image (2013) – Release Info – IMDb
Mental Image – niveamen.store
Mental Imagery (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)
Miriah Meyer External links:
Miriah Meyer | bio
Misleading graph External links:
[PDF]31 Misleading Graphs and Statistics
Essay about Misleading Graphs – 590 Words – StudyMode
Misleading Graphs | Passy’s World of Mathematics
Molecular graphics External links:
[PDF]Desktop Molecular Graphics Background Essentials
[PDF]Molecular Graphics – ICDD
[PDF]Molecular Graphics for Ligand Binding Experiment – …
http://cbc.arizona.edu/classes/bioc463a/Molecular Graphics Assignment 3.pdf
Motor imagery External links:
What is Graded Motor Imagery – YouTube
David Butler on Graded Motor Imagery Part 1 – YouTube
Music visualization External links:
Online Music Visualization maker |en| Renderforest
Aeon – a new dimension in music visualization
Patent drawing External links:
Home » InnovPat | Patent Drawing Services – Utility, Design
Patent Drawings – Klughart
Scientific modelling External links:
Scientific modelling — Science Learning Hub
Scientific visualization External links:
ChemDoodle 3D | Scientific Visualization Software
Scientific visualization (VHS tape, 1989) [WorldCat.org]
Scientific Visualization – NC State University
Software visualization External links:
Software Visualization research at GVU
Spatial analysis External links:
Welcome | Remote Sensing and Spatial Analysis GIDP
Spatial visualization ability External links:
The Relationship between Spatial Visualization Ability …
Statistical graphics External links:
Ch. 2.4: Statistical graphics Flashcards | Quizlet
Sec 2.4 Statistical Graphics 3 8. Pareto chart is a bar graph for qualitative data, with the added stipulation that the bars are arranged in
http://SAS/GRAPH(R) 9.2: Statistical Graphics Procedures …
Technical drawing External links:
Swanson, Thomas / Student Page Technical Drawing & …
Technical Drawing in Adobe Illustrator Part 1 – YouTube
technical drawing paper sizes in the United States
Technical illustration External links:
Joe Saputo | Technical Illustration
ERIC – Are We Teaching Technical Illustration In the …
Technical Illustration & Graphic Services – DTB
User interface External links:
Datatel User Interface 5.3
EWS User Interface
Login – Terminal Customer User Interface – Colonial Pipeline
User interface design External links:
User Interface Design | Coursera
User interface design – ScienceDaily
User Interface Design Basics | Usability.gov
Visual communication External links:
The Center for Written, Oral, & Visual Communication
eagereyes – Visualization and Visual Communication
School of Visual Communication Design | Kent State University
Visual culture External links:
MAI: FEMINISM & VISUAL CULTURE
Visual culture (Book, 2003) [WorldCat.org]
Visual culture. (Book, 2012) [WorldCat.org]
Visual perception External links:
Culture Visual Perception – AbeBooks
Visual Perception and the Brain | Coursera
Visual Perception (eVideo, 2015) [WorldCat.org]
Visual system External links:
[PDF]THE VISUAL SYSTEM – University of California, Irvine
[PPT]The Visual System – Faculty Server Contact | UMass …
http://faculty.uml.edu/iho/47.273/BMB Lectures/12 Visual system – Web.ppt
[PPT]THE VISUAL SYSTEM: EYE TO CORTEX – User …
Visual thinking External links:
[PDF]Visual Thinking Skills – Illinois State Museum
Visual thinking. (Book, 1971) [WorldCat.org]
Visual Thinking by Rudolf Arnheim – Goodreads
Volume cartography External links:
Volume cartography – Revolvy
Volume rendering External links:
Particle-based volume rendering | hgpu.org
Volume Rendering – FREE download Volume Rendering
Volume Rendering – VisItusers.org